Upcoming Complimentary Webinar
Effectively Handling An OSHA Inspection: How to Legally Protect Your Rights
Wednesday, September 10th at 1:30 PM CST
The Obama administration has put the teeth back in OSHA's bite, and all employers are in OSHA's inspection crosshairs. Companies continue struggling to figure out their rights when an OSHA inspector enters their business. Would your Company be prepared if you opened the door today to find an OSHA compliance officer ready to inspect your business? Do you know your legal rights and how to handle an inspection from an enforcement-drive OSHA?
Topics covered include:
- How to conduct a pre-inspection of your facility and correct any errors you find before an OSHA Compliance Officer ever sets foot on your site
- A step-by-step strategy for handling an OSHA inspection - when to admit the investigators and when to request a search warrant
- How to professionally handle inspectors onsite, and the benefits of doing so
- Know your rights: What NOT to say or do during the inspection
- The best ways to handle employee and management interviews and potential whistleblowers
- How to handle document requests from OSHA and what documents OSHA is entitled to receive
- Your best legal options in the event you receive a citation
It's Not the Size of the Data; It's How You Use It: Leveraging Big Data for Talent Acquisition
Tuesday, September 9th at 1:30 PM
You know Big Data is supposed to be a big deal, now learn why: This session will review techniques and tools used by leading organizations - discover how to use real-time data to develop a strategic workforce plan, narrow in on key talent and drive your organization toward future success.
USDA Smart Snacks in Schools
Sponsored by Del Monte Foods, Inc.
The school environment is one of several settings that can influence children's food choices and eating habits. The United States Department of Agriculture recently announced new Smart Snacks in School nutrition standards for all foods sold outside of the school meal programs, which go into effect July 2014. This webinar will provide participants with an overview of these new nutrition standards and describe resources available to assist with implementation.
Change for Your Change?
Duration: 60 minutes with Q&A session
Presented by: Jon J. Cameron, Director of the Office of Coin Studies, United States Mint
Congress has tasked the U.S. Mint with finding ways to produce coins in a more cost efficient manner. In this effort, the Mint recently announced that it is accepting public comments on the mandate to research alternative metallic content of coins. Changes in metallic content, shape, or size could call for anything from a simple recalibration in vending machines to the installation of new coin-accepting equipment, with an industry estimated cost that would range from $100-$500 per vending machine. With approximately seven million vending machines across the country, NAMA estimates the costs of such changes could amount to an industry-wide cost of $3.5 billion. Jon J. Cameron, Director of the Office of Coin Studies at the United States Mint will be presenting updates and the status of the Mint's research and development efforts regarding alternative metals for coin production. Director Cameron will also provide information on the comment period recently released in the Federal Register, the cash cycle and the future of cash. Don't miss this opportunity to hear directly from the Mint on this important and timely topic.
Organizational Culture: The Impact on Growth & Profitability by Culture by Choice
The Perks of Attending QCCP, April 8-9
Making Cents of Route Driver Pay
Heather Bailey, Partner, SmithAmundsen LLC
MP3 recording and presentation available for purchase
Paying route drivers properly is one of the largest issues operators have these days. With changing laws, new minimum wages for 2014 and the Department of Labor on the hunt to find operators paying incorrectly, it's no wonder route driver pay is such a headache. This recorded session will cover best practices for properly paying your route drivers. Learn how the Motor Carrier Exemption may work for you so you do not need to pay route drivers overtime. Moreover, be creative and learn that there is not only one way to properly pay them. This webinar could end up saving you the risk of losing tens of thousands of dollars in fines and penalties for improper pay structures. This session was featured at the 2013 NAMA CTW, being one of the highest attended sessions. Don't miss this opportunity to get your facts on Route Driver Pay.
Cost: $59 (includes MP3 and PPT)
Duration: 60 minutes with Q&A recorded session
Click here to purchase today!
"I thought NAMA's webinar titled Making Cents of Route Driver Pay was informative, straight forward and relevant to many of the issues we are facing today, as it relates to Route Driver compensation. It was evident in the presentation and the Q & A, that one size doesn't fit all and a manager and/or employer has to be knowledgeable about the choices they make, or risk potential costly litigation. Despite my 25+ years in the industry, I was still able to pick up some great tips and direction from this session, which will assist me in future decisions in this critical area of our business."
- Thomas Bauer, Director of Sales
DS Waters of America Inc.
Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act
October 29th- Recording Available for Purchase
This Act will take effect January 4, 2014.
Are you prepared for the new "lead-free" requirements?
A recording of NAMA's 40 minute webinar on The Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act and what impact it has on your business is available for purchase. NAMA's Senior Vice President of Government Affairs, Eric Dell presented this webinar along with a Q&A session, to assist you with the following questions on the Act:
- What is the new definition of "lead free"?
- How does this new law affect existing parts inventory?
- Can existing equipment be repaired and returned to service?
- Determining if parts and equipment comply with the new rules?
- How will the new rules be enforced?
Who Should Purchase:
- Business Owner/Operators (vending, OCS, and micro market)
Price includes MP3 recording, PPT, and numerous documents to assist you with your questions on the Act.
Click here to purchase today!
Affordable Care Act: How it Impacts your employees & your organization's bottom line
Will there be significant changes to employer-sponsored healthcare and are you prepared for the change?
Learn how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will impact your employees' health benefits and your organization's bottom line. Expert attorneys from the nationally-known law firm of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP presented this webinar to assist you with making sense of the healthcare reform, recently announced delays in the implementation of the Employer Mandate, and decisions for your business. This webinar was presented on July 24, 2013 and now available for purchase. Click here to purchase the recorded presentation.
Seminar topics include:
- an overview of the ACA and what it means for your businesses' bottom line and your employees' health care coverage
- the employer mandate rules, which employers are covered, and calculating noncompliance penalties
- implications and potential strategies for small businesses with less than 50 employees
- the "safe harbor" reliance period for determining your number of full-time employees eligible for health coverage
- potential ERISA, ACA whistleblower protections, and other employment litigation risks
- strategic planning for your business
Who Should Attend:
- Business Owner/Operators
- HR Directors/Managers
- Employers of all sizes, including 50 employees or less
Click here to purchase the recorded presentation.
Presented by Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
USDA Proposed Regulations for School Vending
NAMA hosted a conference call for its members on March 12, 2013 to discuss the U.S. Department of Agriculture Food's proposed rule for all foods sold in schools, including those in vending machines. The recorded webinar via audio file is available for NAMA members:
- Log in first (click here) and then click here to access the audio file.
- Click here for the powerpoint presentation.